Sunday, 30 June 2013

SOIUI Converted to IVF

Dr F put me on 100iu of puregon and was scheduled to scan on day 8. While Dr F was scanning, he was like "oh.. so many follicles". After finish saying the numbers to the nurse, Dr F say " okie.. don't worry, lets discuss."

Dr F give me 2 options. To abort the cycle or to convert to IVF as there is too many follicles to proceed with IUI which may result in multiple + multiple birth. Dr F asked me to discuss with hubby first before deciding and reply him by noon.

Had a long discussion with Hubby. Although Hubby did discouraged a bit but I insisted as I wan to get preggy so badly.

Proceed with IVF.. ER 10 or 11 follicles, 5 fertilised and only 2 below average embbies left to transfer. I ask embryologist why was it like that and she explained that the egg and sperm quality were bad. Still proceed with the ET though.

On the night of ET, I started to feel very uncomfortable and very bloated. Started to vomit in the middle of the night. The next day I call the Dr F's nurse and Dr F ask me down for an anti-vomiting injection and gave me some med to relieve the bloat.  The anti-vomiting works for a few hours and soon I was vomiting again. My hubby then call the emergency no. at 12am to reach Dr F who then ask me to go down to the hospital immediately.

I was diagnose with OHSS and put on drip and was hospitalised for 4 long days which was terrible. The tummy get bigger and bigger from the bloat which make it so uncomfortable to lie down to sleep.

OHSS is so scary.........

My tww was not all fun and relaxing.. I have to go for progesterone blood test every 2 days and all end up with low level with a painful support jab on the buttocks..

After going through so much...... it was still a BFN....

Was devastated and decide to take ttc easy........


 


2 comments: